AskMyCats follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
COOKIES & WEB BEACONS
Like any other website, AskMyCatst uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Note that AskMyCats has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
USE OF INFORMATION
We generally use information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for services and information, including to send you electronic newsletters
- Enable you to participate in competitions
- Provide you with information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of AskMyCats, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law
- Analyze the use of AskMyCats and information about visitors to our Services to understand and improve our service offerings
- Customize the content you see when you visit a site controlled by AskMyCats.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests
- Fulfill any other purposes that we will disclose to you either at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
There may be times times when we must share your personal data with others such as when, for example, we are required to do so by law, or to protect our business, or to protect our users. We may also share your personal data with others if we sell our business or a part of it. We also:
- Allow authorized third parties to track and store information about visitors to our website
- Disclose your personal data to those who are providing services to us if they have appropriate processes to protect your personal data
Otherwise, we will only share your personal information if you have consented to our doing so.
AMAZON SERVICES LLC
AskMyCats is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING
The legal basis we use to justify processing your personal data includes processing that is:
- Necessary for the performance of the contract between you and AskMyCats (for example, to allow you to identify and authenticate yourself so you may use your account);
- Necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to assist legal authorities in their investigations);
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the website and our Services); and
- Based on consent you provide (for example, when you consent to us communicating with you about our products and services or provide you with marketing information).
We retain your accurate, up-to-date and complete personal data as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed and as long as needed in order to comply with our legal obligations (such as tax purposes).
GDPR RIGHTS FOR EUROPEAN UNION INDIVIDUALS
The law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data. If you would like to exercise or discuss these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For data which we obtain and collect from you, you have the right to:
- Access this data and get a copy of it for free
- Make changes to your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- Ask us to erase your personal data
- Object to us processing your personal data
- Ask us to make your data portable
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We at AskMyCats are committed to protecting your personal information. We have appropriate technical, organizational, and physical procedures in place to protect your information. Please note that, as with any transaction, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; however, we will do everything we can to protect your information.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
AskMyCats does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
You can contact us at: email@example.com